- M. PACIORETTY (37 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- P. ELIAS (33 pts)
The Habs will look to rebound from a 5-1 defeat at the hands of the Washington Capitals on Saturday night at the Bell Centre. Max Pacioretty was the lone goal-scorer for Michel Therrien’s squad, which has picked up just one win over the last five games.
The Devils, meanwhile, dropped a 4-1 decision in their last outing on Sunday against the Rangers. The loss officially eliminated Peter DeBoer’s club from playoff contention.
Tuesday night’s game will be the third and final meeting between New Jersey and Montreal this season. The Canadiens will look to complete a season-sweep of the Devils after besting them 2-1 during their last tilt back on March 16 in Newark.
Martin Brodeur has registered 43 career wins against the Canadiens, the most victories he's picked up against any NHL team.
- Colby Armstrong will return to action on Tuesday night against the Devils. Armstrong has been sidelined since April 1. He will take Travis Moen's spot in the lineup.
- Alex Galchenyuk has registered two points in as many games against the Devils this season.
- Carey Price will make his 37th start of the season for the Canadiens on Tuesday night.
- The Devils confirmed on Monday that captain Bryce Salvador will be sidelined for the remainder of the season with a severely bruised right wrist.
- Ilya Kovalchuk has registered one point in two games since returning to action after an 11-game absence due to a shoulder injury.
- Martin Brodeur has a record of 2-7-4 in his last 13 starts.