- PACIORETTY & SUBBAN (36 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- A. OVECHKIN (48 pts)
The Habs snapped a three-game losing skid with a 3-2 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday night. Brian Gionta tallied twice for the Canadiens, including the game-winning goal with 47 seconds remaining in regulation time. Alex Galchenyuk also scored for the Habs, while Carey Price turned aside 32 shots to register his 20th win of the season.
For their part, the Capitals lost their first game in the month of April on Thursday night, dropping a 3-1 decision to the Senators in Ottawa. Washington had registered eight consecutive victories before coming up short at Scotiabank Place.
The Canadiens and Capitals have split a pair of games earlier this season. Washington bested Montreal 3-2 in their last meeting on April 9 at the Bell Centre.
Nicklas Backstrom leads the Capitals in assists (38) and sits second in points (44) in 44 games this season.
- Raphael Diaz will make a return to the Canadiens lineup on Saturday night against the Capitals. Diaz has been sidelined since February 25 with a concussion.
- Although inching closer to a return from injury, Colby Armstrong will not be available for Saturday night's game against Washington.
- Carey Price will get the start in goal against the Capitals.
- Nicklas Backstrom is expected to be in the lineup for Saturday night’s game despite being forced to leave Thursday night’s tilt against Ottawa with an upper-body injury.
- Mike Ribeiro has six points in his last four games, while Alex Ovechkin has two goals and four points in his last three games.
- Braden Holtby will get a fifth consecutive start in goal for the Capitals on Saturday night.