- m. pacioretty (30 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- a. ladd (32 pts)
The Habs’ two-game winning streak was snapped with a 5-3 loss to the Flyers on Wednesday night at Wells Fargo Center. Alexei Emelin, Brandon Prust and David Desharnais scored for the Canadiens in the loss. Despite the defeat, Montreal continues to sit atop the northeast division and second in the Eastern Conference by a single point over the Boston Bruins.
The Jets, meanwhile, will be looking to put an end to losing streak that has reached four games. Winnipeg’s most recent loss came on Tuesday in Long Island, dropping a 5-2 decision to the Islanders.
Thursday night’s tilt will be the second of three regular season meetings between the two clubs this season. The Habs bested the Jets 4-3 back on January 29.
- Tomas Plekanec will not play in Thursday night's game. He is listed as day-to-day with a groin injury. Gabriel Dumont was subsequently called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs.
- Peter Budaj will make his eighth start in goal on the season on Thursday.
- Acquired from the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday, Davis Drewiske will play his first home game with the Canadiens on Thursday.
- Claimed off waivers from the Florida Panthers on Wednesday, Mike Santorelli could play his first game with the Jets on Thursday night.
- Despite leading the Jets with 14 goals each on the year, Andrew Ladd and Blake Wheeler haven’t scored in their last 11 and eight games respectively.
- Ondrej Pavelec could make a league-leading 35th start in goal on Thursday night against the Canadiens.