- M. RYDER (27 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- r. nash (28 pts)
The Habs are coming off a dramatic come-from-behind win on Wednesday night in Boston where they overcame a pair of two-goal deficits and went on to secure a 6-5 shootout victory over the Bruins. Michael Ryder scored a pair of goals, while P.K. Subban, Brendan Gallagher and Andrei Markov also tallied for the Habs. Tomas Plekanec registered three assists in the win.
The Rangers, meanwhile, were blanked 3-0 in their last outing on Thursday night in Ottawa. The loss was New York’s third in their last four games. The Rangers sit eighth in the Eastern Conference standings with 35 points.
Saturday’s tilt will be the third and final meeting between the two clubs during the regular season. The Canadiens defeated the Rangers in both previous meetings, including a 3-0 shutout win on Feb. 23.
- Defenseman Nathan Beaulieu will make his NHL debut after being called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Friday afternoon.
- After missing the last eight games with a shoulder injury, Brandon Prust will be back in the lineup for the Canadiens.
- Carey Price will get the nod for the 28th time this season.
- Mats Zuccarello will make his season debut with the Rangers on Saturday night after reaching a contractual agreement with the Rangers on Thursday.
- Rick Nash will face the Canadiens for the first time this season, having missed the previous two meetings with the Habs earlier this year.
- Derek Stepan has picked up two goals and five points in his last three games.
[next to our name] in the standings, I'll talk about it."