- M. PACIORETTY (25 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- T. VANEK (31 pts)
After dropping a 3-2 overtime decision to Sabres on Tuesday, the Habs defeated the New York Islanders 5-2 on Thursday night at Nassau Coliseum. P.K. Subban scored twice for the Canadiens, and Michael Ryder, Brendan Gallagher and Brian Gionta also tallied for Michel Therrien's squad. Carey Price made 25 saves to pick up his 16th win of the season.
Buffalo won its second straight game on Thursday night with a 5-4 shootout victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs at First Niagara Center.
Saturday's matchup will be the fourth meeting between the Canadiens and Sabres this season. Buffalo leads the season-series 2-1.
- Carey Price will make his 25th start of the season for the Canadiens. He will be looking for his 17th win on the year.
- Ryan White will likely not dress for Saturday night's tilt due to a lower-body injury.
- Recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Friday, Michael Blunden could dress on Saturday and play his second game of the season for the Canadiens.
- Thomas Vanek is expected to return the Sabres' lineup for Saturday's game after missing Buffalo's Thursday night match up with the Leafs due to injury. Vanek took a Christian Ehrhoff shot off his hip on Tuesday night in Montreal.
- Defenseman Andrej Sekera is still recovering from an upper body injury and will not dress for the Sabres.
- Cody Hodgson has four points in his last three games, while Jason Pominville has four points in his past five games.