- M. ryder & M. PACIORETTY (23 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- j. tavares (31 pts)
Colby Armstrong has scored twice for the Canadiens over the past two games, registering goals against both New Jersey and Buffalo.
The Habs are coming off a 3-2 overtime loss to the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday night at the Bell Centre which snapped their winning streak at five games. Down 2-0 to the Sabres to start the third period, the Canadiens staged another impressive comeback with goals from Max Pacioretty and Colby Armstrong, before Steve Ott tallied a power-play goal in the extra frame.
The Islanders dropped a 5-3 decision to the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night, but are playing good hockey as of late with five wins in their last eight games.
Thursday night’s game will be the third and final matchup between the Habs and Islanders during the 2012-13 regular season. The Islanders are 2-0 against the Canadiens on the year.
- The Habs have earned points in nine of their last 10 games. Their last regulation loss dates back to March 5 in a meeting with the Islanders at Nassau Coliseum.
- After returning to practice earlier in the week, Rene Bourque accompanied the Canadiens on their road trip to Long Island. His status will be re-evaluated again on Friday.
- Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens.
- Brad Boyes has three goals and seven points in his last five games, while Matt Moulson has registered five assists in as many games.
- Michael Grabner and Matt Carkner will likely dress for Thursday night's tilt after spending time on the injured reserve list for the Islanders.
- Kevin Poulin will get the start in goal for the Islanders.