- M. ryder (23 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- T. VANEK (31 pts)
The Habs extended their winning streak with a 2-1 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night at the Prudential Center in Newark. Colby Armstrong and Tomas Plekanec scored for the Canadiens. In his NHL debut, defenseman Jarred Tinordi registered his first point, an assist on Plekanec’s game-winning tally.
The Sabres, meanwhile, have struggled since the start of the regular season. In their last outing, Buffalo dropped a 5-3 decision to the Washington Capitals on Sunday. Over their last seven games, Buffalo has posted a record of 1-3-3. Head coach Ron Rolston’s squad is now in 14th spot in the Eastern Conference standings.
Tuesday night’s tilt will be the first of two between the
Canadiens and Sabres this week as the clubs will square off again on Saturday night at the Bell Centre. In their two previous meetings so far this season, the Habs and Sabres have each picked up a win.
- Michel Therrien confirmed that Michael Ryder should be ready to return to the lineup on Tuesday night after missing Saturday night’s game against New Jersey with a lower-body injury. Michael Blunden will likely be a healthy scratch.
- Tomas Plekanec has collected two goals and five points in his last four games.
- Carey Price could make his 23rd start of the season on Tuesday night.
- Jhonas Enroth will get the start in nets for the Sabres Tuesday.
- After serving a five-game suspension, Patrick Kaleta was scratched from the Sabres’ lineup on Sunday despite being eligible to return to action. He will be back on the ice come Tuesday night.
- Andrej Sekera missed Sunday’s game due to an upper-body injury, and he is questionable for Tuesday night’s game.