- M. ryder (23 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- p. elias (27 pts)
The Habs are coming off a 4-3 shootout win over the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday night at the Bell Centre. Lars Eller, P.K. Subban and Brendan Gallagher tallied for the Canadiens in regulation time, before Alex Galchenyuk and Eller beat Senators’ goaltender Robin Lehner in the shootout to best Ottawa.
The Devils dropped a 2-1 shootout decision on Friday night to the Philadelphia Flyers which snapped New Jersey’s two-game winning streak.
In their only other meeting thus far this season, the Canadiens defeated the Devils 4-3 in overtime at the Bell Centre as Andrei Markov scored a power-play goal with 38 seconds remaining in the extra frame.
The two clubs will square-off for a third and final time during the 2012-13 regular season on Apr. 23 in New Jersey.
Ilya Kovalchuk ranks second in scoring for the Devils with 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists) in 28 games this season.
- Defenseman Jarred Tinordi, who was recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Thursday, will make his NHL debut on Saturday night against the Devils alongside Francis Bouillon.
- Forward Michael Ryder (lower-body injury) did not accompany the Canadiens to New Jersey. Michael Blunden has been recalled from Hamilton in Ryder’s absence.
- In his past five games, defenseman P.K. Subban has registered three goals and nine points for the Habs.
- Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Habs.
- Forward Ilya Kovalchuk has six points in his last six games, while forward Patrik Elias has five points in as many games for New Jersey.
- Johan Hedberg could get the start in goal for the Devils.
- Goaltender Martin Brodeur remains sidelined with a back injury.