- M. Pacioretty (20 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- S. STAMKOS (35 pts)
The Canadiens doubled-up on the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday night in Raleigh with a 4-2 win at PNC Arena. Brandon Prust and Lars Eller each tallied a goal and two assists in the victory. Josh Gorges and P.K. Subban also scored for Montreal, while Carey Price made 41 saves to pick up his 12th win of the season.
The Lightning, meanwhile, were defeated for the sixth time in their last seven games with a 2-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday night in Tampa.
In their only other meeting so far this season, the Canadiens bested the Lightning 4-3 in a shootout down in Florida.
The two clubs will square off for a third and final time during the 2012-13 regular season on April 18 in Montreal.
Steven Stamkos leads the Lightning in scoring with 35 points (18G, 17A) in
24 games. His 18 goals leads the NHL.
- Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont will be in the line up on Saturday night after being recalled prior to the roadtrip from Hamilton. He will likely play on a line alongside Travis Moen and Colby Armstrong.
- Injured on Thursday night agaist the Hurricanes, defenseman Yannick Weber returned to Montreal for further tests. Recalled from Hamilton, Greg Pateryn will take Weber's place in the lineup and play his first career game in the NHL.
- P.K. Subban is riding a five-game point streak, with seven points (3G, 4A) over that span. He is tied for the League lead amongst defensemen with six goals on the season.
- Acquired from the Canadiens on February 14, Cédrick Desjardins will get the start in goal for the Lightning.
- The Lightning are averaging 3.42 goals per game this season which ranks second in the NHL and rank second overall with 82
- Rookie Cory Conacher continues to lead all NHL rookies with 20 points (7G, 13A) on the year.
- Martin St. Louis enters Saturday night's contest on a five-game point streak and ranks second in the NHL with 25 assists.