- M. Pacioretty (20 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- J. TAVARES (25 pts)
The Habs are coming off an impressive 4-3 win over the Bruins on Sunday night at TD Garden that snapped Boston’s win streak at six games. David Desharnais tallied twice for the Canadiens, including the game-winning goal with just over 10 minutes remaining in the third period. Peter Budaj made 31 saves to register his third win of the season. The Habs are 8-0-3 in their last 11 games.
The Islanders, who bested the Canadiens 4-3 in overtime back on Feb. 21 at the Bell Centre, defeated the Senators 3-2 in a shootout on Sunday night in Uniondale, NY to pick up their first victory after dropping three straight games.
Tuesday’s contest will be the second-to-last meeting between the Habs and Islanders during the 2012-13 regular season. The clubs will square off again on Mar. 21 in Long Island.
With 24 points (10G, 14A) on the season, Matt Moulson sits second in scoring for the Islanders. He has seven points (3G, 4A) in his last six games.
- Carey Price will get the start in goal. He will be seeking a 12th win on the season.
- The same lines that took on the Bruins on Sunday night are expected to remain intact for the game against the Islanders.
- Max Pacioretty has registered 14 points (8G, 6A) over the last nine games, while David Desharnais has collected five points (3G, 2A) in his last three contests.
- John Tavares ranks fourth in the NHL in goals with 13 and seventh in the league in points with 25. The Islanders are 1-7-1 when Tavares is held without a point.
- Mark Streit has points in his last two games and Andrew MacDonald has a goal and two assists in his last three.
- Lubomir Visnovsky will not participate in Tuesday night's game for personal reasons.
- Evgeni Nabokov will get the start in goal for the Islanders.
in team history in the NHL (since 1917).