- t. Plekanec (13 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- J. TAVARES (20 pts)
The Habs defeated the Rangers 3-1 on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden. Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk and Raphael Diaz scored for the Canadiens, and Carey Price turned aside 20 shots to pick up his league-leading ninth win of the season.
The Islanders, meanwhile, have dropped their last two games, including a 3-1 loss to the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night.
Thursday night’s contest will be the first of three between the Canadiens and Islanders this season.
The two clubs split the season-series during the 2011-12 campaign, with the Islanders and Canadiens registering two wins each.
- Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens.
- The last time the Canadiens recorded six consecutive victories was during the 2009-10 season, when the Habs went undefeated from March 6 - March 16.
- Lubomir Visnovsky has been on the ice for 11 of the 15 Islanders goals during his first five games with the team.
- Evgeni Nabokov could get the start in goal for the Islanders.
- If he dresses for tonight's game, Matt Moulson will take sole possession of third place on the franchise all-time leader board with 262 consecutive games played, passing Denis Potvin.