- t. Plekanec (13 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- R. nash (12 pts)
Michel Therrien’s squad is contesting their second game in as many days, and is coming off a 3-0 win over the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday night at the Bell Centre. Brandon Prust, Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty scored for the Canadiens, while Peter Budaj recorded his first shutout as a member of the Habs.
The Rangers too have enjoyed success as of late, having won four of their last five games, including a 2-1 victory on Sunday over the Washington Capitals.
Tuesday night’s contest will be the first of three between the Canadiens and Rangers this season. The two clubs will meet again on Saturday night at the Bell Centre in Montreal.
- After missing the last two games, Carey Price will be back in goal for the Canadiens on Tuesday night in New York.
- Brandon Prust will go up against the Rangers for the first time since signing a free-agent contract with the Canadiens last July.
- Tomas Plekanec will look to extend his goal-streak to three games when the Habs visit the Rangers on Tuesday night.
- Carl Hagelin will try to extend his goal-streak to five games on Tuesday night.
- Henrik Lundqvist has recorded victories in his last four starts and is fourth among NHL goaltenders with seven wins on the season.
- Darroll Powe, who played in his 300th career game on Sunday against the Capitals, will not participate in Tuesday night’s contest after sustaining a concussion against Washington.