- t. Plekanec (11 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- four players (10 pts)
The Habs earned a hard-fought 1-0 overtime win over the Florida Panthers on Thursday night in Sunrise, FL. Rene Bourque scored the game-winning goal at 2:10 of the extra frame, while Carey Price turned aside 26 shots to register his first shutout of the season.
The Flyers, meanwhile, lost to the New Jersey Devils 5-3 on Friday night at the Prudential Center in Newark. Philadelphia failed to maintain a 3-1 first period lead before the Devils scored four unanswered goals to secure the win.
After dropping the first meeting between the two clubs last season at the Bell Centre, Philadelphia won the remaining three contests.
The Canadiens currently sit fifth in the Eastern Conference standings, while the Flyers are 10th.
- Carey Price did not participate in Saturday's morning skate. He is sidelined with a flu virus. Robert Mayer has been recalled from the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs.
- Peter Budaj will make his third start of the season Saturday night against the Flyers.
- The Flyers haven't strung together more than two consecutive victories this season. They are 1-2-0 on their current six-game road trip.
- Defenseman Kimmo Timonen suffered a lower-body injury late in the second period of Friday night's contest with New Jersey. He did not play a shift in the third period.
- Brian Boucher will get the start in goal for Philadelphia.