- R. Diaz (5 PTS)
- TOP GUNS
- LAST 10 GAMES
- I. Kovalchuk (4 pts)
Coming off a pair of convincing 4-1 wins against the Panthers and Capitals, respectively, Michel Therrien’s troops have another target locked in their crosshairs. Sending the Devils home with a loss won’t be easy for the Habs, having lost their last two meetings with New Jersey last season. Peter DeBoer’s club also enters Sunday’s game with an unblemished record, looking to extend their season-opening win-streak to four games.
The tilt will also mark just the second time the Gionta brothers will go head-to-head in the NHL. The first came on younger brother Stephen’s home ice in New Jersey on Dec. 2, 2010, when big brother Brian left town with a goal in his team’s 5-1 win.
- Raphael Diaz currently leads the Canadiens with five points.
- Lars Eller will be back in the lineup for the first time since the season opener against the Leafs.
- Yannick Weber will play his first game of the season, replacing Tomas Kaberle who was injured after taking a puck in the face during the team's Saturday practice.
- Carey Price will enjoy his fourth consecutive start.
- Dainius Zubrus and Ilya Kovalchuk co-led the Devils with six points apiece against the Canadiens in 2011-12.
- Martin Brodeur enter the game with a record of 43 wins and just 18 losses against the Canadiens in his career.
Number of points racked up by Tomas Kaberle in four games against the Devils in 2011-12.