MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Sens match-up on Super Bowl Sunday at the Bell Centre.
– Number of hours needed by Max Pacioretty to recover from the emergency appendectomy he underwent on January 26, defying his original three-to-four-week prognosis by returning to the lineup against the Senators.
– Number of seconds needed by Pacioretty to make his way onto the scoresheet, assisting on David Desharnais’ third goal of the campaign on his first shift of the game.
– Consecutive number of games in which Desharnais has scored at least one goal, doing so for the first time since March 12 and 14, 2012 against…Buffalo and Ottawa.
– Rank currently occupied by Erik Cole for goals among all active American-born NHLers, scoring his 221st
career NHL goal in the first period against the Senators to create a two-goal lead over fourth-ranked Brian Gionta.
– Number of hits thrown by Alexei Emelin on Sunday afternoon, bringing his season total to 35 to reclaim the league lead in that category.
– Number of Habs who currently have an even or positive plus/minus differential so far this season, including rookie Brendan Gallagher who is currently leading the team with a plus-6.
– Consecutive number of games in which the Canadiens scored at least one power play goal, finally seeing that streak come to an end on Sunday after scoring both goals at even strength.
Game highlights: Habs vs. Senators
Boxscore: Habs vs. Senators