Canadiens Game Host Wanted
Friday, 07.09.2012 / 9:13 AM
Congratulations to Alyson Lozoff, who went from hosting Habs games at the Bell Centre to working live on air at Sportsnet…
Do you or does someone you know have what it takes to replace her?
You have one of two options:
- Apply yourself as per the guidelines below!
- Refer a friend – if they get the position, you will win tickets to see them host a Canadiens game!
The Canadiens in-game host is responsible for interacting with fans in front of 21,273 fans at every Habs home game. The host typically welcomes the crowd to the game, leads several sponsored promotions, makes special announcements, and interviews celebrities and other invited guests in attendance. The host will also work other team events at and around the Bell Centre throughout the season. They are paid on a per-event basis.
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE:
- Is COMPLETELY, fluently bilingual in both English and French
- Has a great personality, is photogenic, and loves being in front of the camera
- Is engaging, charismatic, and has a sharp sense of humor
- Has the ability to improvise on the spot and can react well to unexpected situations
- Is available to work nights and weekends during Canadiens home games
- Loves hockey and is passionate about the Canadiens!
To apply for the job, all you need to do is record a bilingual video in which you tell us in English and French why you think you have what it takes to be our next in-game host. Upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, or another site and send the link (or simply attach the video file in an e-mail) to: email@example.com. Note that your video doesn’t need to be professionally edited – you can shoot it with your phone, no problem.
Note that candidates who do not submit an audition tape or who submit a unilingual audition tape will not be considered!!!
All material can also be submitted by mail to: Montreal Canadiens Game Host, 1275 St. Antoine Street W, 3rd Floor, Montreal, QC, H3C 5L2
Know somebody who you think would be awesome for this gig? Send them an e-mail with a link to this page now – if they get the job, you’ll win tickets to see them in action!
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates selected for an on-camera test will be contacted.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 P.M. ON MONDAY, OCT 1, 2012 AT THE LATEST. On-camera tests at the Bell Centre with finalists will begin on Oct. 9.