Hamilton Report - Dec. 19
|Corey Locke needs four points to become the Bulldogs' all-time leader in that category.|
- The new blue line duo of veteran Joel Bouchard and Mathieu Carle, the 53rd selection in 2006, wasted little time in adding their contributions. Bouchard, who joined the Bulldogs on Oct. 23, leads the team with a plus-4 differential in 15 games. Carle, who returned to action back on Nov. 9, has picked up six points in 13 games after missing the start of the season with a knee injury.
- Without a captain since 2005-06, head coach Don Lever tabbed Ajay Baines to don the “C”, becoming the ninth captain in franchise history. Baines had been sidelined with a knee injury since Canadiens training camp back in September.
- With a pair of points in a 4-3 shootout win over Grand Rapids on Dec. 14, Corey Locke, who in his fourth season with the Canadiens’ farm team, moved into a tie with Tomas Plekanec for second place among Bulldogs all-time scorers with 176 points. Brian Swanson is the franchise’s all-time leader with 179.
- A solid start to the season with the ECHL’s Cincinnati Cyclones for David Desharnais earned him a call-up to the Bulldogs. The Quebec City native racked up 25 points in 21 games with the Cyclones this season and was named the league’s top rookie for November.
- Defenseman Marvin Degon, signed as a free agent in the offseason, has gotten off to a good start this season. In 24 games, Degon has notched nine points, including four goals, to lead all Bulldogs defensemen.
Félix-Antoine Viens is a writer for canadiens.com. Translated by Heather Engel.