|DRAFTED:||MTL: 1998-162 overall|
2008-09: Led the team in assists (10) and points (11) in Oct... Led the team in TOI in Nov. (24:22), Dec. (24:43), Feb. (24:14) and March (25:40)... Led the team in assists in Dec. (8a) and Feb. (9a T-Kovalev)... Named to the AS Game starting lineup... Led the team in assists in Jan. (10) and March (10)...
- Led the team in Jan. in average time on ice per game (24:51)
- Blocked 5 shots on Feb. 9 vs. TOR and on Feb. 12 at TBL
- Led the team in Feb. in average time on ice per game (23:46)
- Collected his 300th assist in career with the Canadiens in the NHL on March 10 at FLA
- Had a 5-game assist streak (March 5 to 13), posting a 0-5-5 record
- Recorded 1 assist, 5 blocked shots and a +1 differential on March 21 at NYI
- Led the team in March in average time on ice per game (25:37)
- Registered 2 points (1-1-2) on April 11 at BUF
- Produced 2 points (1-1-2) and a +2 differential on April 27 at TOR
- Led the team in April with 2 powerplay goals (tied with B. Gionta, M. Pacioretty and M. Ryder)
- Finished tied for 7th in the NHL with 15 powerplay assists
- Led the NHL defensemen with 4 winning goals and ranked tied for 4th with 30 points.
Retuned to action on March 10 at Vancouver after missing the first 68 games of the season due to a knee injury, notching an assist in 17:09 of ice time.
Returned to action on March 17 against the New York Islanders after missing one game due to an upper body injury suffered March 14 against Ottawa.
Produced 1 assist and 3 shots on goal on March 31 at Washington.
Rercorded 1assist and a plus-1 differential on April 4 against Tampa Bay.
Returned to action on October 30 against Florida after missing the first 10 games of the season due to a knee injury, totalling 5 shots on goal in 23:03.
Had a team-high 5 shots on November 2 at Columbus.
Scored his first goal of the season (winning-goal) on November 9 against Vancouver.
Suffered a knee injury on November 13 against Carolina.