KEYS TO VICTORY
The Canadiens’ three-game road trip continues with a Thursday night matchup against the Jets at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg.
The Habs were edged 3-2 by the Devils on Tuesday night in New Jersey. Max Pacioretty and Lars Eller scored for the Canadiens, who lost for the fifth time in their last six games. Goaltender Carey Price turned aside 21 of 24 shots in a losing effort.
The Jets, meanwhile, are fighting for their playoff lives, and are coming off a 5-3 defeat at the hands of the Southeast Division champion Capitals on Tuesday night in Washington. One point out of a playoff spot, Claude Noel’s squad will be playing its’ final tilt of the season, trailing both the New York Rangers and Ottawa Senators in a battle for a post-season berth.
Thursday night’s game between the Jets and Canadiens will be the third and final meeting between the two clubs during the regular season, with Montreal having won both previous games earlier in the year. The Habs last bested the Jets 4-1 on April 4 at the Bell Centre.
- After being called up on Monday from the Hamilton Bulldogs, Jarred Tinordi will be back in the lineup for the Canadiens on Thursday night against the Jets. He will take Yannick Weber's spot in the lineup.
- Carey Price will make his 38th start of the season for the Canadiens on Thursday night in Winnipeg.
- Andrew Ladd has registered four goals and 14 points over his last 10 games, while Blake Wheeler has four goals and 12 points over his last eight games.
- Zach Bogosian’s status is questionable for Thursday night’s game after he missed Tuesday’s tilt against the Capitals with concussion-like symptoms. Olli Jokinen and Tobias Enstrom are both sidelined indefinitely due to injury.
- Ondrej Pavelec will make his 43rd start of the season for the Jets.
|Back to top ↑|