KEYS TO VICTORY
The Canadiens look to remain perfect against southeast division opponents this season when they welcome the Washington Capitals to the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
The Habs are coming off a 2-1 victory over the Boston Bruins on Saturday night, earning their fifth victory in the last six games. Alex Galchenyuk and Michael Ryder tallied for the Canadiens, while Carey Price turned aside 26 shots to pick up his 19th win of the season. Montreal is 11-0 against the likes of Washington, Winnipeg,
Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Florida on the year.
The Capitals, meanwhile, have won four straight games, earning their most recent victory with a 4-2 decision over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday. Alex Ovechkin scored twice for Washington, recording his 24th and 25th goals of the season.
Tuesday’s matchup will be the second of three meetings between the Canadiens and Capitals during the regular season. The Habs bested the Capitals back on January 24 with a 4-1 victory in Washington. The two clubs will close out their season series on April 20 in Montreal.
- After missing the last 21 games with a concussion, Rene Bourque will return to action against the Capitals.
- Carey Price will make his 32nd start of the season on Tuesday.
- Martin Erat and Joel Ward, both out with injuries, will not take part in Tuesday night’s game.
- With two goals on Sunday against the Lightning, Alex Ovechkin has now scored nine goals in his last six games for the Capitals.
- Michal Neuvirth will get the start in nets for the Caps when they face the Habs at the Bell Centre.
|Back to top ↑|