The Canadiens kick-off a two-game road trip in Florida with a Tuesday night match-up with the Tampa Bay Lightning at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
The Habs return to action for the first time since dropping their third straight contest - a 6-0 decision to the Toronto Maple Leafs last Saturday night at the Bell Centre. Through 11 games, Montreal is seventh in the Eastern Conference.
The Lightning, meanwhile, have lost four consecutive games. Tampa Bay sits second in the Southeast Division with 12 points and ninth in the Eastern Conference standings.
The Canadiens and Lightning split the season-series last year. Both clubs won twice on home ice.
Tuesday's contest will mark the first of three games between Montreal and Tampa Bay this season.
- Head coach Michel Therrien made several line changes at practice on Monday morning in Brossard, suggesting line combinations could be altered for the game against Tampa Bay.
- Erik Cole has recorded 23 points (10G, 13A) in his last 16 games against the Lightning.
- Carey Price could make his second consecutive start in goal.
- Forward Ryan Malone has been placed on injured reserve with a lower-body injury.
- With three points in his last four games, Steven Stamkos leads the Lightning in scoring with 17 points (7G, 10A) in 11 games.
- Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis have collected 40 points (18G, 22A) and 36 points (17G, 19A) respectively against the Canadiens over the course of their careers.
- Anders Lindback could make the start in goal for the Lightning.
|Back to top ↑|