The Canadiens hit the road for a one-game road trip as Michel Therrien's squad visits the Sabres on Thursday night at First Niagara Center in Buffalo.
The Habs had their two-game winning streak snapped on Wednesday night in Montreal, losing 2-1 to the Eastern Conference leading Boston Bruins in Montreal. Buffalo, meanwhile, dropped their third game in a row on Tuesday night in Ottawa as the Senators downed the Sabres 4-3 at Scotiabank Place.
In the first of four meetings between the Northeast Division rivals last Saturday afternoon, the Habs downed the Sabres 6-1 at the Bell Centre.
The Canadiens sit sixth in the Eastern Conference, while the Sabres are currently in 14th spot.
GAME NOTES – CANADIENS
- P.K. Subban has picked up points in each of the three games he's played in this season. He scored his first goal of the year against Boston on Wednesday.
- Peter Budaj will make his second start of the season for the Canadiens. He has a 3-1-1 lifetime record against the Sabres.
GAME NOTES – SABRES
- Thomas Vanek was held pointless for the first time this season in Tuesday's loss to Ottawa.
- Cody Hodgson has registered seven points in his last four games (2G, 5A).
- Ryan Miller should get the start for the Sabres after Jhonas Enroth got his second start of the year on Tuesday against Ottawa.
|Back to top ↑|