The Canadiens look for a sixth consecutive win on home ice Wednesday night in Montreal when they play host to the Eastern Conference leading Boston Bruins in the first of four regular season meetings between the two clubs.
The Habs are coming off back-to-back victories over the Buffalo Sabres and the Ottawa Senators last weekend. With a record of 6-2-0 (12 points) on the season, Montreal trails Boston by just one point for top spot in the Northeast Division.
Winners of four of their last five games, the Bruins have only lost once this season in regulation time.
After winning the first two games against the Bruins last season, the Habs dropped the next four contests between the division rivals.
GAME NOTES – CANADIENS
- Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien has indicated that Ryan White will be back in the lineup sometime this week, but he did not confirm whether it would be against the Bruins.
- David Desharnais will look to extend his goal-streak to three games on Wednesday night as the Canadiens host the Bruins.
- Carey Price could make a third consecutive start in goal for the Canadiens.
GAME NOTES – BRUINS
- While Daniel Paille and Shawn Thornton did not make the trip to Montreal with the Bruins, Brad Marchand did accompany the team. He is a game-time decision.
- The Bruins have recalled forward Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis. He will join the team in Montreal.
-Tuukka Rask will get the start in goal for the Bruins.
|Back to top ↑|