The Canadiens get set to play their first of back-to-back games on Tuesday night, starting with a tilt against the Jets in Montreal.
Tuesday’s game will be a battle between two hot teams. The Habs are looking for a fourth straight win after Sunday’s 4-3 overtime victory against New Jersey and the Jets are also searching for a fourth in a row coming off a 5-4 OT win over the Islanders.
The Jets won’t be unwelcome guests at the Bell Centre given the Canadiens came away with three wins in the four games they played against Winnipeg last year, including the final two in Montreal.
Canadiens' Game notes
- After missing Sunday’s game, Tomas Kaberle was back at practice on Monday morning and could return to the lineup on Tuesday night.
- Andrei Markov will look to score a goal in his fourth straight game against the Jets. The All-Star blue-liner currently leads all NHL defensemen with four goals this season.
- P.K. Subban signed a two-year deal with the Habs on Monday night and will rejoin his teammates Wednesday in Ottawa.
- Carey Price will get his fifth consecutive start of the campaign.
Jets' Game notes
- Evander Kane will attempt to extend his goal streak to four games.
- Two defensemen currently share the Jets scoring lead with Kane, notably Dustin Byfuglien and Tobias Enstrom with six points apiece.
- Ondrej Pavelec will get the start on Tuesday after being pulled mid-game on Sunday.
|Back to top ↑|