• Beaulieu was named to the Memorial Cup All-Star team after recording one goal and two assists as Saint John became the first team from the Maritimes to win the Memorial Cup. It was the second Memorial Cup in the Beaulieu family as his father, Jacques, won as an assistant coach with the London Knights in 2005.
• He is one of nine Sea Dogs on the Central Scouting ranking list. In 2010-11, the Sea Dogs tied the QMJHL record for most wins in a season with 58 and went undefeated at home in regulation (32-0-1-1) to enter the 2011 playoffs as the top-seeded team in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
• In 2010-11, Beaulieu led Saint John defensemen in scoring with 45 points (12-33--45) and finished the season with a plus-44 rating -- the top single-season mark ever recorded by a Sea Dogs blue-liner, surpassing the plus-43 mark he set in 2009-10.
• His father, Jacques, is the assistant coach of the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League and was the head coach and GM of Saint John in 2008-09 when Nathan was a rookie. Jacques also played for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL during the 1984-85 season.
• A former Elgin-Middlesex Chief, Beaulieu grew up around the London Knights franchise watching NHLers Corey Perry and Rick Nash. He currently works out in the summer with Edmonton Oilers forward Sam Gagner and Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson as well as Vancouver Canucks prospect Cody Hodgson. One player he patterns his game after is Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty, who he skates with and learns from during the summer months.
NHL team: Washington Capitals
NHL player: Drew Doughty
Shootout move: “Come in fast, slow down, sweep the puck, then shoot”
Goal celebration: “Bow and arrow”
Video game: NHL ‘10
Movie: Happy Gilmore
TV show: Jersey Shore
Actor/Actress: Will Ferrell, Megan Fox
Music artist: Lil Wayne
Book: ‘Talent Is Never Enough’ by John. C. Maxwell
Pump-up song: ‘Sleep Now in the Fire’ by Rage Against the Machine
Home-cooked meal: Spaghetti
Activity away from the rink: Golf