North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||North Dakota, WCHA
||18 June 1990
||Eden Prairie, MN
||Edina, MN, USA
- His 18 goals ranked him second and 31 points were fourth on the U.S. National Under-18 team in 2007-08.
- Selected to participate in the 2008 Under-18 IIHF World Championship, helping lead the U.S. to the bronze medal with six points (3-3--6) in seven games.
- Has verbally committed to play at the University of North Dakota.
- Prior to joining the U.S. National Training Development Program, he played for Eden PrairieHigh School, tallying 39 points (15-24--39) in 27 games in 2005-06.
- His most memorable hockey moment was scoring against Sweden in overtime at the 2008 Under-18 Five Nations Tournament in Finland, his goal 1:29 into overtime capped a three-goal flurry in the final 2:18 of the game, as the U.S. Under-18 Team recorded a 4-3 victory over Sweden in their first game of the tournament. The U.S. went on to win the tournament.
- First played minor hockey for the Indianapolis Checkers before playing for the Eden Prairie Hockey Association.
- His father, Mark, played hockey at BemidjiStateUniversity (1972-1976), registering 122 points (65-57--122) in 107 career games and was named one of BemidjiState's 50 greatest players in 2006, the Beavers won a NAIA national championship in 1973.
- Credits his coach, Monty Trottier, (NY Islanders draft choice in 1980), brother of Islanders' great Bryan Trottier, for having had the most influence on his career, "he always taught me how to work and to love the game. "
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: University of North Dakota forward T.J. Oshie, Tiger Woods and teammate Jordan Schroeder, Oshie is my favorite hockey player, Tiger Woods is my favorite athlete and Jordan is my best friend.
- One thing he couldn't live without is waffles and if he could be in any one movie he would choose Friday Night Lights.
NHL Team: Ottawa Senators
NHL Player: Buffalo's Maxim Afinogenov
Shootout move: "Fake shot, five hole"
Practice Drill: 2-on-1 continuous
Video Game: NHL '07
Movie: Friday Night Lights
Actor: Denzel Washington
Group: Forty Foot Echo
Website: TSN.ca, usahockey.com, and NHL.com
Book: Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Pump-up song: "Drift" by Forty Foot Echo, it's in the North Dakota highlight video from one of their seasons so I like it.
Food to cook: Steak
Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse
Activity away from the rink: Bowling
Place to shop: Polo
Place to visit: Florida