- Participated in the 2007 CHL Top Prospects Game and represented Canada at the 2007 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament.
- Was named to the QMJHL All-Rookie Team in 2007 after leading all rookie goaltenders with a 2.81 goals against average and a .898 save-percentage.
- Was the back-up goaltender to Los Angeles' 2006 first round selection Jonathan Bernier in his rookie season winning 23 games (23-10-1) and helping the Maineiacs win the QMJHL championship to compete for the Memorial Cup.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning the QMJHL Championship in 2007, "we got to go to the Memorial Cup â€“ best time in hockey."
- He got his start in hockey when his dad inspired him to be a goalie at the age of five and he credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career, "he used to be a goalie and I wanted to be like him".
- His first hockey team was the Leafs Bedford House Timbits and he played his minor hockey for the Bedford Blues from 1995 to 2004.
- Patterns his game after Vancouver's Roberto Luongo because of his style, speed and patience.
- His nickname has been "Sneaky Pete" since a coach called him that in Novice and he has worn number 30 since he was little.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr and Roberto Luongo, "three incredible hockey players that you can learn a lot from."
- The most embarrassing song on his iPod is "Barbie girl" by Aqua and if he could be in any one movie he would want it to be with Dane Cook or Jessica Alba.
NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens
NHL Player: Roberto Luongo
Shootout move: "Two pad stack"
Goal celebration: Ovechkin Kiss
Practice Drill: Crease movements
Video Game: NHL 08 and Super Mario
Movie: Slap Shot
TV Show: Seinfeld
Actress: Jessica Alba
Group: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Book: David Beckham's Biography
Pump-up song: "Zombie Nation" by Kern Kraft
Food to cook: Kraft Dinner
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity away from the rink: Xbox
Toy growing up: Batman
Place to shop: Hugo Boss
Place to visit: Halifax