BROSSARD – On Friday morning, the Canadiens held a practice at the Bell Sports Complex.
- After the first 15 minutes of practice, the coaching staff decided to divide and conquer. Players dressed in white remained on the primary ice surface while the other players, wearing red jerseys, headed onto the Complex’s second ice surface to work on the powerplay.
- The Tinordi-Murray and Bouillon-Weaver duos remained with Team White and practiced four-man breakout formations under the supervision of assistant coach Jean-Jacques Daigneault.
- Both teams then reconvene on the primary ice, with Team Red setting up in a powerplay formation and Team White, holding their sticks blade-side up, trying to thwart the attack.
- The team tried out a few different looks on the man advantage, including sending a forward to the opposing blueline on the breakout to facilitate a breakaway pass and getting defensemen to play deeper in the zone to create back-door scoring chances.
- Peter Budaj appeared to be shaken up on a jam play in from of the net, but finished the practice looking no worse for wear.
- Prospects Jacob de la Rose and Mac Bennett are in town. Both players took to the ice in Brossard before the Habs’ practice, met with the team’s medical staff to discuss their respective minor injuries, and had a chance to get acquainted with the team training facilities.
LINES AT PRACTICE
|Back to top ↑|