- The Canadiens will hold a stretching session at 1 p.m. Several players, in addition to head coach Michel Therrien, will address the media once the stretch is completed.
- Brian Gionta will undergo surgery on Friday to repair a torn left bicep. He will not return this season.
- Peter Budaj and Robert Mayer hit the ice for a practice session along with Mike Blunden, Yannick Weber, Tomas Kaberle and Davis Drewiske a few minutes before the team’s stretching session in Brossard.
- Lars Eller skated alone on Wednesday morning for the first time since being injured by a check from Eric Gryba in Game 1 that saw the Senators’ defenseman suspended for two games.
- Carey Price has suffered a lower body injury and will be evaluated on a day-to-day basis.
- While the Stanley Cup playoffs are in full swing on this side of the pond, Stockholm and Helsinki are co-hosting the 2013 IIHF World Hockey Championships. Among the players participating in the annual competition is a pair of Canadiens hopefuls – Danny Kristo, who is playing for Team USA, and Tim Bozon, a member of Team France.
Bozon, who is currently a member of the WHL’s Kamloops Blazers, has participated in all of France’s games up to this point in the tournament. He has registered one assist, which he obtained during the first game of the preliminary round against Slovakia.
For his part, Kristo has also participated in all of Team USA’s games thus far in the tournament. In three games, the right-winger has registered two assists, while also posting a minus-3 differential. The 22-year-old, who played with the Hamilton Bulldogs to close out the AHL campaign, also recorded three shots on goal thus far for the Americans.
|Back to top ↑|