March 14, 2012
- Mike Blunden participated in the Canadiens’ morning stake at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. Wednesday marked the first time that Blunden hit the ice to practice with his teammates since sustaining a lower-body injury on Feb. 2 in New Jersey.
- Tomas Kaberle was absent from practice, spending the day with his girlfriend Julia who is expected to give birth to their first child.
- Canadiens prospect Patrick Holland kept his point streak alive last night, nabbing another two assists in the Americans’ game against the Cougars. Holland’s streak now stands at eighteen games and 37 points, with 33 of them coming in the form of assists.
- Raphael Diaz and Scott Gomez were also both absent from the team’s morning skate. Randy Cunneyworth confirmed that Gomez has suffered an upper-body injury from the Tyler Myers hit in their game against Buffalo for which he was suspended for three games. Cunneyworth also stated that while Diaz hasn’t had any major set backs, his recovery still necessitates further treatment.
- Defenseman Frederick St-Denis was recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs for the Habs tilt against the Sens. Randy Cunneyworth confirmed that St-Denis will be in the lineup for the match.
- Travis Moen is back on the ice beginning to skate solo, while Mathieu Darche is still waiting to take his first strides.
Lines at practice: