February 17, 2012
- The Canadiens held a brief 30 minute practice Friday morning at the First Niagara Centre in Buffalo. All players were present on the ice.
- Kept out of the lineup for the Canadiens last three games with a lower body injury, Yannick Weber finally got the green light from the Habs’ medical staff to take part in Friday night’s game. During his post-practice press conference, head coach, Randy Cunneyworth did not confirm whether or not the Swiss defenseman would see action against the Sabres despite being cleared to play.
- Carey Price will step between the pipes tonight for his 51st game of the season. It will be his fourth start against the Buffalo squad in the Canadiens’ 2011-12 campaign. To date, Price has posted a record of 0-2-1 against the Sabres, with a goals-against average of 1.97 and a save percentage of 0.935.
- For fans that may have missed it, the Canadiens’ All-Star goalie is also fresh of f of celebrating a milestone in the team’s last game against the Bruins.
- Nav Canada announced it would be renaming the five waypoints used to help guide planes between Eastern Ontario and Quebec after a few Canadiens legends. The five waypoints will henceforth be refereed to as: MORIC (Maurice Richard), BLIVO (Jean Beliveau), ARVIE (Doug Harvey), LAFLR (Guy Lafleur) and GAINY (Bob Gainey). For details, click HERE.