February 3, 2012
- The Canadiens held an optional skate on Friday morning. All players were present for the practice, with the exception of Josh Gorges and Erik Cole who both opted out but will play tomorrow against the Capitals.
- Mike Blunden also didn’t take part in the practice after suffering a lower body injury Thursday night versus the Devils. The New Jersey player responsible for the hit that injured Blunden, Patrik Elias was ultimately fined $2500 for the infraction.
- Aaron Palushaj was called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs and will join the rest of the Canadiens later in the day.
- Randy Cunneyworth confirmed that Peter Budaj will step between the pipes to face the Capitals at the Bell Centre on Saturday afternoon. It will be Budaj’s eighth start of the 2011-12 season.
- Randy Cunneyworth expressed that Travis Moen’s recovery is progressing well and that he’s hopefull Moen will be able to return to action at some point in the upcoming week.