January 30, 2012
- AHL All-Star Game invitee, Frederic St-Denis of the Hamilton Bulldogs took part in the hardest shot and relay race portions of the skills competition on Sunday. St-Denis clocked a slap shot of 92.3 mph – just seven mph under winner, Kevin Connauton of the Chicago Wolves. The actual AHL All-Star Game is scheduled to be held tonight in Atlantic City, NJ.
- The Canadiens will hold their first post-All-Star break practice Monday at 2:00 p.m. at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard.
- Carey Price was given the day off and was absent from the Canadiens’ Monday practice. Goaltending coach Pierre Groulx strapped on the pads and stepped between the pipes along with Peter Budaj for the afternoon skate.
- Travis Moen and Petteri Nokelainen were absent from practice.
- Ryan White enjoyed another practice with his teammates, not only being used in 5-on-5 drills, but also finding himself working on one of the penalty killing units.
- According to Randy Cunneyworth there is a possibility the team could make a call-up from Hamilton for Tuesday night’s game against the Sabres.
- Cunneyworth also stated that all injured players will be re-evaluated over the next few days.