January 20, 2012
Friday, 20.01.2012 / 9:57 AM
- Ryan White hit the ice with his teammates for the first time since undergoing surgery this summer, donning the same red jersey as the other forwards in the lineup. He’s been taking contact in practices from strength and conditioning coach Pierre Allard for a few weeks but is not yet ready to suit up in a game.
- Randy Cunneyworth confirmed that Peter Budaj will be getting his seventh start of the season on Friday night against the Penguins.
- The Habs head coach still hasn’t decided if he will go with an 11-forward, seven-defenseman roster or the traditional 12-6 against Pittsburgh.
- Friday’s morning skate was an optional one for the Canadiens, with only Tomas Plekanec and Rene Bourque opting out of the practice.
- Montreal Canadiens hopeful Morgan Ellis will gear up for a seventh game for the Shawinigan Cataractes on Friday night after being traded from the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Since being traded, the 19-year-old defenseman has logged an impressive four goals and five assists in six games while maintaining a plus-7 differential.
- Canadiens/Bulldogs and Leafs/Marlies alumni will face off at 7:30 p.m. on Friday nightin the 2012 AHL Outdoor Classic. Yvan Cournoyer, Rejean Houle and Guy Lafleur will be standing behind the bench as Steve Begin, Patrice Brisebois, Guy Carbonneau, Mathieu Dandenault, Gaston Gingras, and Stephane Richer among others will suit up for the home team in Hamilton.