Practice - February 25
- The Canadiens were back at practice on Tuesday morning at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard preparing for their Wednesday night tilt against the Detroit Red Wings at the Bell Centre.
- Max Pacioretty skated alongside his teammates for the first time since returning from Sochi. For their part, Carey Price and P.K. Subban benefitted from another day off after their Olympic run. Without Price in goal, Sherbrooke Phenix netminder Francis Desrosiers was between the pipes once again at practice.
- Michel Therrien confirmed that Price would get the night off on Wednesday and that Peter Budaj would get the start in goal against the Red Wings.
- Therrien also confirmed that Alex Galchenyuk and Travis Moen would be back in the lineup on Wednesday. Galchenyuk had been sidelined since Jan. 6 when he was injured in a tilt against the Panthers, while Moen missed several games prior to the Olympic break with a lower-body injury.
- Michael Bournival (concussion) skated by himself before the start of practice. Brandon Prust, who is still hampered by an upper-body injury, took to the ice after practice. Both will not take part in Wednesday night's game against Detroit.
Lines at D pairings at practice: