Practice - January 31
- The Canadiens skated at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Friday morning ahead of a pair of upcoming contests over the weekend. The Habs will take on the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before battling the Winnipeg Jets on Superbowl Sunday.
- Before practice, Carey Price and goalie coach Stephane Waite spent several minutes on the ice with a young hockey player who had the opportunity to take part in goaltending drills with the All-Star netminder as part of a Children’s Wish Foundation initiative.
- Brandon Prust did not take part in Friday’s on-ice session. He is suffering from flu-like symptoms.
- Ryan White practiced alongside his teammates for the first time since sustaining an upper-body injury on Jan. 2 in Dallas. He was sporting a white jersey, indicating that he has likely been cleared for contact.
- Davis Drewiske was back on the ice again on Friday morning sporting a maroon “no contact” jersey.
- Christian Thomas took part in practice after being called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Thursday afternoon. He skated alongside Rene Bourque and Lars Eller.
- Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens against the Lightning on Saturday afternoon. He did not, however, indicate who would get the call against the Jets on Sunday. Price will be taking on Tampa Bay for the 20th time in his career. The Anahim Lake, BC native holds a 10-6-3 record, a 2.37 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage versus the Lightning.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Bournival – Plekanec – Gionta
Pacioretty – Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque – Eller - Thomas
Parros – Moen – Briere
Subban – Gorges
Emelin – Markov
Murray – Beaulieu
Diaz – Bouillon