Practice - Nov. 14
- The Canadiens skated in Brossard on Thursday morning ahead of their afternoon departure for Columbus where they’ll take on the Blue Jackets on Friday night at Nationwide Arena.
- Prior to the start of practice, the Canadiens’ special teams units worked on both the power play and penalty kill with assistant coaches Jean-Jacques Daigneault, Clement Jodoin and Gerard Gallant.
- George Parros was not on the ice on Thursday morning. He was given a therapy day. Parros will, however, accompany the team to Columbus.
- Brandon Prust skated alongside his teammates once again on Thursday morning, and was being rotated on several lines. Alexei Emelin, meanwhile, skated with several different defense partners. Both are traveling with the team to Columbus, but neither will be in the lineup on Friday night.
- Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Peter Budaj will make his fourth start of the season against the Blue Jackets. He is 2-1-0 thus far this season with a 1.34 goals-against average.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Gionta – Plekanec – Bournival
Galchenyuk – Eller – Gallagher
Bourque – Briere – Pacioretty
Moen – Desharnais – White
Murray – Diaz
Bouillon – Gorges
Subban – Markov