-After a win in Tampa Bay on Saturday night, the Canadiens enjoyed a day off on Sunday in Sunrise ahead of their 6:00 p.m. match with the Panthers.
-Michel Therrien confirmed that forward Brandon Prust suffered a minor shoulder separation when he crashed into the boards during Saturday night’s game in Tampa and is expected to be out of the lineup for approximately 10 days.
-Therrien also confirmed that Peter Budaj will get the start in nets for the Habs on Sunday night against the Panthers.
-With Prust out, Ryan White will rejoin the Canadiens’ lineup on Sunday to face the Panthers.
-The Canadiens hit the ice for a morning skate on Saturday at the Tampa Bay Times Forum a few hours ahead of their 7:00 p.m. game against the Lightning.
-Gabriel Dumont will play his first game of the season for the Habs, with the 22-year-old forward taking to the ice for the fourth NHL game of his career after being called up from the Bulldogs at the beginning of the Canadiens’ five-game road trip.
-Carey Price will get the start for the Habs in Tampa Bay as he lookd for his 13th win of the season.
Lines and pairings at practice:
- The Canadiens have a day off today in Tampa ahead of their Saturday night match up with the Lightning.
- Defenseman Greg Pateryn will join the team today in Tampa. The 6-foot-2 rearguard has registered eight points this season in 22 games with the Bulldogs.
- Canadiens recalled defenseman Greg Pateryn after Thursday's game . He will join the team Friday in Tampa. Pateryn will wear No. 64.
-Michel Therrien was absent from the Canadiens' Thursday morning practice due to an intestine infection. He is still expected to be behind the bench for the Habs tilt against the Hurricanes in Carolina.
-It's confirmed that Carey Price will be in the crease for the Habs on Thursday night, with the goalie in search of his 12th win of the season.
-Yannick Weber will make a return to the Habs' lineup against Carolina and is expected to be paired with Francis Bouillon who will be playing in his 700th career NHL game.
-Only a few players were on the ice for Wednesday morning’s optional practice at the Hurricanes' practice arena, Raleigh Center Ice.
-The Canadiens hit the ice for an optional practice Tuesday morning at Nassau Coliseum in preparation for their match-up against the Islanders.
-Following the skate, Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Carey Price will indeed man the crease for the Habs Tuesday night.
-The Habs hit the ice for just under an hour Monday morning at the Nassau Coliseum in preparation for their Tuesday night match-up against the Islanders.
-Michel Therrien ran several on 4-on-4 drills at the team’s morning practice and ended the skate with a shootout competition where Lars Eller stood out thanks to a few slick moves.
-The Canadiens head coach confirmed that Carey Price will be back in nets to face the New York Islanders on Tuesday. It will be Price’s 18th start of the season, as the Habs netminder still ranks first in the NHL in wins and will be looking for his 12th in Long Island.
-After logging at least one point in each of his last four games and tying the league lead in goals (four) and assists (seven), Max Pacioretty was named the NHL’s first star of the week.
- Peter Budaj is confirmed to make his fifth start of the season for the Habs, Sunday night against the Bruins in Boston.
- The Canadiens recalled forward Gabriel Dumont late Friday night from the Hamilton Bulldogs. Dumont, 22, has played 52 games for the Bulldogs this season and leads the team in points (30), goals (15) and assists (15) while also accumulating 81 penalty minutes. Head coach Michel Therrien indicated that Dumont will likely not dress for Saturday night's contest against Pittsburgh.
- Nineteen players took part in the morning skate ahead of Saturday night's match-up with the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Bell Centre. Forwards included David Desharnais, Colby Armstrong, Alex Galchenyuk, Travis Moen, Gabriel Dumont, Brandon Prust, Petteri Nokelainen, Brendan Gallagher, Max Pacioretty, Tomas Plekanec, Lars Eller and Ryan White. Defensemen P.K. Subban, Yannick Weber, Alexei Emelin, Andrei Markov, Tomas Kaberle and Josh Gorges also skated, as did goaltender Peter Budaj.
- Brian Gionta, Francis Bouillon, Michael Ryder and Carey Price did not participate in the morning skate. Price, however, will likely make his sixth consecutive start in goal. Rene Bourque and Raphael Diaz, meanwhile, remain sidelined with concussions.
- RDS will present the third episode of 24CH on Saturday night at 6 p.m. The episode will be repeated again at 10:30 p.m.
-The Habs were on the ice early, spending several minutes working on their power play in the company of Clement Jodoin and Gerard Gallant before the practice officially began at 11:00 a.m.
-Rene Bourque and Raphael Diaz were both absent from practice, still sidelined by concussions.
-Carey Price has been awarded the Molson Cup for the month of February. The Canadiens goaltender was voted as the first star on one occasion, the second star twice and the third star once over the course of the month to beat out teammates Alex Galchenyuk and Max Pacioretty.
Lines and pairings at practice: