- The Canadiens announced the call-up of forward Gabriel Dumont on Thursday morning from the Hamilton Bullodgs. In eight games played with the Habs this season, Dumont has logged two assists while averaging 9:46 of ice time.
-Tomas Plekanec did not finish the Canadiens' Wednesday night tilt against the Flyers, sidelined by a lower body injury.
- No practice for the Canadiens on Thursday morning with their second of back-to-back games to be played tonight at the Bell Centre against the Winnipeg Jets.
-Forward Charles Hudon, the Canadiens’ 5th round selection in 2012 will join the Hamilton Bulldogs on an amateur try-out.
In 50 games this season with the QMJHL’s Chicoutimi Saguenéens, Charles Hudon has scored 30 goals and picked up a total of 71 points. During the 2012-13 playoffs he logged 10 points – five of them goals – over the course of six games.
- Raphael Diaz skated for the first time in Brossard since suffering a concussion against the Senators on February 24.
- Davis Drewiske joined the Habs on the ice at the Wells Fargo Center after being picked up by the Canadiens on Tuesday night. Drewiske will wear No.44 for the Canadiens.
- Carey Price will get the start against the Flyers. Michel Therrien confirmed Peter Budaj will get his eighth start of the season on Thursday against the Jets.
- Therrien wouldn’t give a timetable for Colby Armstrong’s return from a lower-body injury, but said he hopes the winger will be back in time for the playoffs.
Lines and D pairings at practice
- Canadiens acquire defenseman Davis Drewiske from the LA Kings in return for a 5th round selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
- Canadiens assigned Nathan Beaulieu to the Hamilton Bulldogs.
- Forward Olivier Archambault, the Canadiens’ fourth-round selection in 2011 will join the Hamilton Bulldogs on an amateur try out.
- Carey Price will start his 300th career NHL game on Monday night against Carolina.
- P.K. Subban has been named the NHL's second star of the month for March.
- The Canadiens have joined forces with Autism Speaks in honor of Autism Awareness Night on April 1. The cause hits close to home for Canadiens goaltending coach, Pierre Groulx ,and Canadiens director of player personnel, Scott Mellanby, who both have autistic sons. WATCH THE VIDEO.
- The Habs held the team's annual Provigo Canadiens Fan Practice at the Bell Centre on Sunday morning.
- Nathan Beaulieu took part in his first practice with the Canadiens on Saturday morning in Brossard. Michel Therrien confirmed following Friday’s skate that the young defenseman will be in the lineup to face the Rangers. The latest rookie to join the team will be paired with veteran Francis Bouillon for the night’s tilt.
- For a second consecutive day, Brandon Prust hit the ice with the rest of his teammates for practice. Following the Canadiens’ morning skate, Michel Therrien confirmed that Prust will indeed make his return to the lineup to face the Rangers on Saturday night.
- Still recovering from an ankle injury, Ryan White skated on Brossard’s second rink on Saturday in the company of Habs strength and conditioning coach Pierre Allard.
- As confirmed yesterday, Carey Price will get the start in nets against New York.
- The Canadiens skated in Brossard on Friday morning ahead of their Saturday night match up against the New York Rangers at the Bell Centre.
- The Habs assigned forward Gabriel Dumont and defenseman Jarred Tinordi to Hamilton. Defenseman Nathan Beaulieu was recalled from the Bulldogs. In 62 games with Hamilton this season, Beaulieu collected six goals and 19 assists, while also registering a minus-9 differential. Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Beaulieu will make his NHL debut on Saturday night against the New York Rangers.
- Brandon Prust returned to practice alongside his teammates for the first time on Friday. The London, ON native has been sidelined since suffering a shoulder injury back on March 9 in a game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He was paired with Alex Galchenyuk and Lars Eller. A decision on whether or not Prust will return to the lineup on Saturday night will be made following the morning skate or after the warm-up.
- Forward Ryan White practiced prior to the rest of team stepping out onto the ice. White skated with head athletic therapist Graham Rynbend.
- Defenseman Yannick Weber has been cleared for a return to action.
- Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens on Saturday night.
Lines and pairings at practice:
Bouillon / Kaberle-Weber
- By scoring his 10th goal of the 2012-13 campaign in his 27th game of the season, P.K. Subban came within one game of matching the team record for defensemen. Sheldon Souray (2006-2007) hit the 10-goal mark in his 26th game that year. During a season in which Guy Lapointe (1974-1975) scored a team record 28 goals, he also scored his 10th goal in game number 27. (Source: Elias Sports Bureau)
- After arriving to Boston late on Tuesday night, the Canadiens did not practice on Wednesday morning.
- Michel Therrien confirmed Carey Price will get his 27th start of the season on Wednesday night. Any other lineup changes will be game-time decisions.
- Puck drop is at 7:30 p.m. at TD Garden.
- Michel Therrien confirmed Carey Price will get his 26th start of the season on Tuesday night. Price heads into the game with an 8-6-2 career record against Pittsburgh.
- Tuesday's game will mark Therrien's first game behind the bench at the Consol Energy Center. The veteran bench boss spent four years with the Penguins, all while coaching within the confines of Mellon Arena.
- The Canadiens will look to hand the Penguins their first loss of the month to end Pittsburgh’s current 12-game winning streak.
- The Canadiens skated in Brossard on Monday morning ahead of their afternoon departure on a two-game road trip to Pittsburgh and Boston. The Habs will take on the Penguins on Tuesday and the Bruins on Wednesday.
- Forward Jeff Halpern participated in his first practice with the Canadiens since being acquired off waivers from the New York Rangers on Saturday.- Forward Brandon Prust (minor shoulder separation) skated on Brossard’s secondary rink on Monday. He indicated that his recoverey is progressing, but could not specify a timetable for a return. Prust will not travel with the team this week.
- Defenseman Yannick Weber (knee injury) skated on the principal ice surface alongside his teammates, while forwards Rene Bourque (concussion) and Ryan White (lower-body injury) did not take part in Monday morning’s practice session and are being evaluated on a daily basis.
- Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Carey Price will get the start in goal against the Penguins on Tuesday night.
Lines and pairings at practice: