- The Canadiens flew from Vancouver to Winnipeg on Sunday morning and did not practice.
- Captain Brian Gionta will meet the team in Winnipeg on Sunday night.
- Josh Gorges was back on the ice with his teammates on Saturday morning after taking a therapy day on Friday.
- The Canadiens held an optional morning skate on Saturday, with 15 players opting to practice, including Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi, Travis Moen, Ryan White, Alex Galchenyuk, Tomas Plekanec, Rene Bourque, Raphael Diaz, Josh Gorges, P.K. Subban, Lars Eller, Michael Bournival, Brendan Gallagher, Peter Budaj and Carey Price.
- Carey Price will get the start against the Canucks. The Anahim Lake, BC native is 3-1-1 in five career starts against Vancouver, including a 2-1-0 record at Rogers Arena.
- Michel Therrien does not expect any players to be called up from Hamilton prior to Saturday's game. Both Ryan White and Michael Bournival will be in the lineup as Gionta will not available to play.
- Josh Gorges was the only other Hab not on the ice on Friday afternoon, taking advantage of a therapy day. He is expected to be in the lineup against the Canucks on Saturday night.
Lines and D pairings at practice
- Hamilton coach Sylvain Lefebvre announced on Thursday that Martin St-Pierre will wear the “C” for the Bulldogs this season. The 30-year-old forward becomes the 12th captain in franchise history and will be joined by assistants Greg Pateryn and Gabriel Dumont in 2013-14.
- Only five players skated at Rexall Place on Thursday morning, including Carey Price, Peter Budaj, Michael Bournival, Ryan White and Nathan Beaulieu.
- Peter Budaj will get the start in goal for the Canadiens. It will be the veteran netminder's first start of the year. In 24 career starts against the Oilers, Budaj has a 14-6-0-3 record and a 2.92 goals-against average. His 14 wins over Edmonton represent the most victories he has recorded against any NHL team.
- Captain Brian Gionta did not make the trip with the team for family reasons and will join his teammates in Calgary on Tuesday night ahead of Wednesday’s game against the Flames.
- Rene Bourque will suit up for his 500th career NHL game against his former team on Wednesday night at the Saddledome.
- The Canadiens will not skate on Wednesday morning prior to the game against Calgary.
- Michel Therrien confirmed Carey Price will get his third start of the season on Wednesday night.
- The Canadiens skated in Brossard on Monday morning ahead of their afternoon departure on a four-game road trip to Western Canada. The Habs open their trip with a game in Calgary on Wednesday night before traveling to Edmonton, Vancouver and Winnipeg.
- Max Pacioretty took part in practice alongside his teammates, but sported a blue “no contact” jersey. Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that he will accompany the team on the road trip, and will be re-evaluated at practice on Tuesday.
- Therrien also confirmed that Peter Budaj will make his first start of the season at some point during the road trip.
- Lars Eller was named the NHL's Second Star of the Week after registering three goals and five points through the first two games of the 2013-14 campaign. Alex Ovechkin garnered first star honors, while Marc-Andre Fleury was named the third star.
Lines and pairings at practice:
Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta
Prust – Desharnais – Briere
Galchenyuk – Eller – Gallagher
Moen – Bournival – White
Markov – Diaz
Gorges – Subban
Tinordi – Bouillon
- The Canadiens held an optional skate in Brossard on Saturday morning ahead of their tilt against the Flyers at the Bell Centre.
- All players were present at practice, except for defenseman Josh Gorges. The veteran rearguard will, however, take part in the game against Philadelphia.
- Defenseman Nathan Beaulieu also skated on Saturday morning after being recalled from Hamilton on Friday evening.
- Michel Therrien confirmed that Ryan White and Michael Bournival will both take part in the game against Philadelphia. Max Pacioretty, however, will not play due to injury.
- Carey Price will make his second consecutive start in goal for the Canadiens.
- A reminder that the first episode of 24CH will air on Saturday night at 6:30 p.m. on Canal D. It will then be shown at 10:30 p.m. on RDS following the Canadiens-Flyers game.
- After taking part in a practice in Lac-Mégantic on Thursday afternoon, the Canadiens skated at the Bell Sports Complex on Friday morning in preparation for their Saturday night matchup with the Philadelphia Flyers in Montreal.
- After missing Thursday’s practice session, Brandon Prust and Max Pacioretty were back on the ice alongside their teammates on Friday morning.
- Michael Bournival and Ryan White took turns at center on the fourth line between Prust and Travis Moen. Head coach Michel Therrien indicated that he will determine whether Bournival or White gets the call against the Flyers on Saturday morning.
- Therrien also indicated that he met with George Parros for the first time since the forward was injured on Tuesday night. The Habs bench boss indicated that Parros is doing well, but is still suffering from headaches.
Lines and pairings at practice:
- Following practice, the Canadiens debuted the first episode of Season 2 of 24CH for journalists inside the dressing room in Brossard. The first episode will air on Saturday night at 6:30 p.m. on Canal D, and at 10:30 p.m. on RDS following the Canadiens-Flyers game.
- The Canadiens took a field trip to Lac Megantic on Thursday afternoon for a special practice at the local rink.
- Brandon Prust did not make the trip to Lac Megantic due to family reasons. Max Pacioretty took a therapy day on Thursday and was also not on the ice for practice.
Lines and D pairings at practice: